Experienced Orthodontic Assistant
|December 15, 2012 - January 16, 2013|
|Benefits:||Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k with employer match, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Plans and PTO. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Assist orthodontist during examination and continued treatment of patients. This position will be coverage for a three to four month period from May to August. Orthodontic assisting experience is required. |
|Duties:||• Seats patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials and assists dental provider during dental procedures.|
• Assists orthodontist in management of emergencies.
• Take impressions
• Take digital x-rays (If certified)
• Clean and set up rooms for next patient
• Adheres to all OSHA, HIPAA and federal rules and regulations
• Discusses with patient the instructions for care.
• Observes professional dress code
• Be cost effective and responsible for the care of assigned equipment/supplies
• Performs all other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||• Completion of an approved Dental Assistant program and certification as a Dental Assistant|
• Strong desire to enhance patient experience
• Excellent communication skills required
• Availability to work during applicable business hours
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work well with others
• Hepatitis B vaccination
• 2+ years orthodontic experience
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.